Insert Tab in Microsoft Word
Insert Tab in Microsoft Word is use for inserting the objects in the documents, such as – pages, charts, pictures, symbols, tables, shapes hyperlinks etc. The ribbon of Insert Tab in Microsoft Word is divided into multiple sections with the name Pages, Tables, Illustrations, Links, Header & Footer, Text and Symbols. The detailed explanation about Insert Tab in Microsoft Word is given below.
- Cover page – This option is use to insert the fully formatted cover page template for document, or any book, magazines, notes, or record file. User can specify the title, author, date and other information on the cover page.
- Blank Page –This option is use to insert the blank page in the document.
- Page Break – Using this option user can break the page where mouse cursor is present and move the remaining matter to the next page.
- Table – This option is use to insert a table by selection of blocks, user can also specify rows and column number according to the need. There are many preformatted table option available in this option.
- Picture – This option is use to insert the picture in the current document from the computer memory or internet.
- Clip art – With this option user can insert the clip arts in the document, including drawings, movies, sounds or stock photography to illustrate a specific concept.
- Shapes – This option is use to insert the ready-made shapes, such as rectangular and circle, lines and arrows, flow charts, symbols and callout etc.
- Smart Art – With this option user can insert the graphical ready-made charts to present data in graphical mode. There are many different types of charts available related to tree type charts, organizations charts, hierarchy charts, cycle charts, pyramid charts etc.
- Chart – With this option user can insert charts for illustrating and comparing data. User can add many types of charts related to Pie, Bar, Line, Area and Surface etc.
- Hyperlink (ctrl+k) – This option is use to create links for selected information with web pages, files, folders, Pictures or programs.
- Bookmark – This option is use to create bookmarks by assigning a name of selected information. Later we can access them by using bookmarks option.
- Cross-reference – This option is use to create cross-references to any information using table, headings, figures or bookmarks. We can quickly jump on that location by pressing control and mouse click.
- Header – This option is use to edit the header of the document, it is appear top of the each page. User can specify the header with any short information as page number, date and time and any other text or graphical information.
- Footer – This option behaves same as header but footer located bottom of the page.
- Page Number – This option is use to insert the pages numbers in the document. We can customize area and select different types of page numbering styles.
- Text Box – This option is use to insert a text box to put some text. Text box can be rotate and place anywhere in the document.
- Quick Parts – This option is use to insert any preformatted snippets such as title, author or date & time for the document property.
- Word Art – This option is use to insert the decorative text as a object in the document.
- Drop cap – This option is use to make the first letter large at the beginning of the paragraph.
- Signature Line – This option is use to insert the signature line that specifies the individual person who must sign.
- Date and Time – This option is use to inserting the current date and time.
- Object – This option use to insert the embedded object of any program or application.
- Equation – This option is use to insert the common mathematical equations or build up your own equation using a library of mathematical symbols.
- Symbols – This option is use to insert the special symbols that are not present in keyboard.