Mailing Tab in Microsoft Word
Mailing Tab in Microsoft Word is use for creating envelopes, labels and Mail Merge. Mail Merge is a feature for sending a letter to the multiple recipient at a time with separate details like address and greetings lines. It is a most useful feature in offices or companies for sending any information to multiple employees at a time. Alternatively we can use this feature to create multiple payslips or id cards at a time with separate details.
Mailing Tab in Microsoft Word is divided into multiple sections with the name Create, Start Mail Merge, Write & Insert Fields, Preview Results and Finish. The detailed explanation about Mailing Tab in Microsoft Word is given below.
- Envelopes – This option is use to create and print the envelopes for sending message and letters.
- Labels – This option is use to create and print the labels.
Start Mail Merge
- Start Mail Merge – This option contains many options to start mail merge. We can start with a Letter, Email, Envelope or Step by Step mail merge wizard.
- Select Recipient – This option is use to choose the list of peoples (Recipient) whom you want to send the letter. User can also type a new list of recipients including details and email addresses.
- Edit Recipient list – This option is use to change or modify the list of recipients.
Write & Insert Fields
- Highlight Merge Field – This option is use to highlight the fields that you have inserted in to the document.
- Address Block – This option is use to insert the address block for the recipient in the letter.
- Greeting Line – This option is use to insert the greeting line for the recipient such as – Dear Sir/Madam.
- Insert Merge Field – This option is use to insert any field from the recipient list in the letter, such as- Home Phone, Company Name etc.
- Rules – This option use to specify rules to add decision-making ability to the mail merge.
- Match Fields – Using this option we can match the recipient list fields, such as – First Name to Last Name.
- Update Labels – This option is use to update all the labels created in letters.
- Preview Result – This option is use to preview the letter and replaces the merge fields with actual data form the recipient list.
- Previous/First record – This option is use to preview the first or previous record in the recipient list.
- Next/Last Record – This option is use to preview the Next or Last record in the recipient list.
- Find Recipient – This option is use to find and preview the specific record in the recipient list.
- Auto Check Errors – This option is use to auto handle the errors that occurs when completing the mail merge.
Finish & Merge – This option is use to prints or send the letters using email to all the selected recipients.
Note : Before using Mail Merge, It is compulsory to have an active internet connection and MS Outlook configured in the system.