Page Layout Tab in Microsoft Excel
Page Layout Tab in Microsoft Excel is use for setting appearance of the sheet page using themes, page orientation, page size, margins, effect, border and align objects etc. The ribbon of Page Layout Tab is divided into multiple sections with the name Themes, Page Setup, Scale to Fit, Sheet Options and Arrange. Detailed explanation about Page Layout Tab in Microsoft Excel is given below.
- Themes – By using this option user can change overall appearance of the entire workbook including colors, fonts and effects.
- Colors – This option is use to change the color for current theme.
- Fonts – This option is use to change the font for current theme.
- Effect – This option is use to change the effect for current theme.
- Margins – This option is use to change the margins size for the entire sheet pages.
- Orientation – With this option user can switch the page orientation between landscape and portrait mode.
- Size –This option is use to choose the paper size to print the current worksheet data.
- Print Area – This option contain two options, First is “set print area” and second is “clear print area”. Using set print area, we can set the specific range of cells for printing. If set print area option is activated then no other print will perform unless the set print area not cleared, So we use clear print area to clear the set print area.
- Breaks – This option is use to break the sheet page from above and left side of the active cell.
- Background – This option is use to set the color or a picture to the sheet background.
- Print Titles – This option is use to specify the row or column as a title to repeat each printed page.
Scale to Fit
- Width – This option set the width of data to fit in page for printing. We can set it automatic, one page, two page or more pages.
- Height – This option set the height of data to fit in page for printing. We can set it automatic, one page, two page or more pages.
- Scale – By a percentage value, this option shrinks or stretch the data to fit in page. This option works when height and width option set to Automatic.
- Gridlines – This option enable or disable the gridlines for viewing and printing on worksheet.
- Headings – This option enable or disable the row and column headings for viewing and printing on worksheet.
- Bring to Front – This option is use to bring the selected object one level forward or bring front of all objects.
- Send to Back – This option is use to send the selected object one level backward or send behind of all objects.
- Selection pane – This option display a pane window that help to select the individual objects.
- Align – This option is use to align the multiple selected objects as top, bottom, right, left, center or middle.
- Group – This option is use to group the multiple objects together, so that they can behave like a single object.
- Rotate – This option rotates the selected object as 90 degree right or left, or flip the selected object as vertical or horizontal.
- Height – This option is use to increase or decrease the selected object height.
- Width – This option is use to increase or decrease the selected object width.