Page Layout Tab in Microsoft Word
Page Layout Tab in Microsoft Word is use for document page settings like appearance of page, page orientation, page size, page margins, page effect, border etc. The ribbon of Page Layout Tab in Microsoft Word is divided into multiple sections with the name Themes, Page Setup, Page Background, Paragraph and Arrange. The detailed explanation about Page Layout Tab in Microsoft Word is given below.
- Themes – With this option user can change overall design of the entire document including colors, fonts and effects.
- Margins – This option is use to select and change the preset margins size for the entire document. User can also customize the margin as per need.
- Orientation – With this option user can switch the page between landscape and portrait mode.
- Size-This option is use to choose the paper size to the current document for printing or give custom size.
- Columns – This option is use to divide the document information in to two or more columns.
- Breaks – This option is use to add pages breaks, section or column breaks, wrap the text matter to the document.
- Line Numbers – With this option user can insert the line numbers to the each line.
- Hyphenation – This option is use to break the word with a – to the next line if no more room to fit word end of line. In books or magazines, it creates much uniform text in order to have more spacing between words.
- Watermark – User can add a ghosted text behind the content of the text on the page. User can add the custom water mark of any text or picture.
- Page Color – This option is use to choose and apply the color for background of the document page.
- Page Border – This option is use to add a border around the page. There are many different borders available in this feature.
- Indent Left – This option is use to move the line or paragraph right side from the left margin by given a value.
- Indent Right- This option is use to move the line or paragraph left side from the right margin by giving a value.
- Spacing Before – Using this option we can add a space above the selected paragraph.
- Spacing After – Using this option we can add a space below the selected paragraph.
- Position – This option is use to set the object or image with text. There are multiple wrapping options as left, right, center and middle position etc. It automatically wrap the text around the object.
- Bring to Front –Using this option we can bring the selected object forward one level to the other object or all objects.
- Send to Back – Using this option we can send the selected object behind one level to the other object or all objects.
- Text wrapping – This option is use to set the object with text by multiple text wrapping options.
- Align – This option is use to align the multiple selected object to the page or margin with top, bottom, right, left, center or middle.
- Group – This option is use to group the multiple objects together so that they can be treated like a single object.
- Rotate – This option is use to rotate or flip the selected object.
Thank you so much.. for your valuable comment😊