Review Tab in Microsoft Excel
Review Tab in Microsoft Excel is use for checking spelling & grammatical mistakes in the document, write comments, track the data changes and sheet or workbook protection etc. The ribbon of Review Tab is divided in to multiple sections with the name Proofing, Comments and Changes. The detailed explanation about Review Tab in Microsoft Excel is given below.
- Spelling – This option is use to check the spelling & grammar mistakes of the text written in the worksheet.
- Research – This option is use to open the research pane for searching the reference materials such as- dictionaries, encyclopedias, and translation services etc.
- Thesaurus – This option searches the suggested word with more similar meanings.
- Translate – With this option we can translates the selected text in to different language. To use this option, languages must be installed on computer.
- New Comment – This option is use to add a comment (text info about the matter) on a cell.
- Delete – Using this option we can delete the selected comment or delete all the comments in the Workbooks.
- Previous – This option is use to navigate the previous comment.
- Next – This option is use to navigate the next comment.
- Show/Hide Comment: This option is use to hide and show the comments.
- Show All Comment: This option use to show all the comments in the worksheet.
- Protect Sheet – This option is use to prevent the unwanted changes in a sheet by protecting sheet with a password.
- Protect Workbook – This option is use to set the restrict permissions and prevent the structure and window changes by given a password, so that unauthorized user cannot make changes in workbook.
- Share Workbook – This option is use to share the current workbook in network, so that multiple users on network can open it.
- Protect and Share Workbook – This option allows to protect the workbook by specifying a password and share protected workbook at the same time. Users on network who know the password can open it.
- Allow Users to Edit Ranges – This option is use to set a selected range password in a sheet, so that local/network user can make changes by entering range password only in allowed range.
- Track Changes – This option is use to track all the changes in workbook including insertion, deletion and formatting changes. If we have activated track change option, we can recover unwanted changes.