Review Tab in Microsoft Word
Review Tab in Microsoft Word is use for checking spelling & grammatical mistakes in the document, write comments, track changes if the document modified, comparing document with another and document protection etc. The ribbon of Review Tab in Microsoft Word is divided into multiple sections with the name Proofing, Comment, Tracking, Changes, Compare and Protect. The detailed explanation about Review Tab in Microsoft Word is given below.
- Spelling & Grammar – This option is use to check the spelling & grammatical mistakes of the text written in document.
- Research – This option is use to open the research pane for search the reference materials such as- dictionaries, encyclopedias, and translation services etc.
- Thesaurus – This option searches the suggested words with multiple similar meaning.
- Translate – This option translates the selected text in to different language. To use this feature, languages feature must be installed on computer.
- Set Language – This option is use to set the different language to check the spelling & grammar of the selected text.
- Word Count – This option is use to check the number of words, lines, paragraph of the selected text or document.
- New Comment – This option is use to add a comment (info about the text) for section or selected text.
- Delete – This option is use to delete the selected comment or delete all the comments in the documents.
- Previous – This option is use to navigate the previous comment.
- Next – This option is use to navigate the next comment.
- Track Changes – This option tracks all the changes made in the document, including insertion, deletion, and formatting changes.
- Balloons – By this option we can choose how to show revisions in the document.
- Final Showing Markup – Final show markup allows the document with all proposed changes included, and show the original document before any changes were made.
- Show Markup – This option allows to choosing what kind of markup to show in the document, and also using to show or hide comments.
- Reviewing Pane – This option is use to open a separate pane window to show the reviewing.
- Accept – This option is use for accept the changes one by one or all at once in the document.
- Reject – This option is use for reject the changes one by one or all at once in the documents.
- Previous – This option is use to navigate the previous revision in the document so that we can accept or reject changes.
- Next – This option is use to navigate the next revision in the document so that we can accept or reject changes.
- Compare – This option is use to compare or combine the multiple versions of a document.
- Show Source Document – This option is use to choose which source document to show. We can show the original document, revised document or both.
- Protect Document – This option is use to set the restrict permissions to the document, that how people can access the document. Such as- password.