View Tab in Microsoft Excel
View Tab in Microsoft Excel is use for changing the sheet layouts, show/hide viewing contents, zoom in/out sheet, arranging and adding multiple window and record a macro etc. Ribbon of View Tab is divided in to multiple sections with the name Workbook Views, Show/Hide, Zoom, Window and Macros. The detailed explanation about View Tab in Microsoft Excel is given below.
- Normal Layout – This is by default layout view of the worksheet. This layout is use for creating database.
- Page Layout – This layout distribute the sheet in to multiple pages.
- Page Break Preview – This layout display the pages with page numbers and pages break lines.
- Custom Views – This option allows to saving multiple area of sheet with names, so that we can jump anywhere in sheet or whole workbook using the custom views.
- Full Screen – This option is use to view the worksheet in full screen mode.
- Ruler – This option is use to show or hide the ruler.
- Gridlines – This option is use to show or hide the gridlines. It is use to display row and column lines on a worksheet to make content easier to read.
- Message bar – This option show or hide Message bar.
- Formula Bar – This option use to show or hide formula bar.
- Headings – This option is use to show or hide worksheet headings (Column and Row numbers).
- Zoom – This option is use to set the zoom level for the worksheet according to the preset size or custom size.
- 100% Zoom – This option set the 100% zoom level of the sheet.
- Zoom to Selection – This option zooms as much as the worksheet area is selected.
- New Window – This option insert a new window of the current active workbook.
- Arrange All – This option arranges the multiple workbooks side by side on the screen.
- Split – This option splits the current workbook in to two parts, so that user can view different section of the workbook at the same time.
- Hide – Using this option we can hide the current workbook window.
- Unhide – Using this option we can unhide the window window.
- View Side by Side – This option is use to view two workbooks side by side, so that we can compare their data.
- Synchronous Scrolling – This option synchronize the scrolling of two Workbooks, so that they scroll together.
- Reset Window Position – This option reset the window position of the workbooks being compared side by side; so that they share the screen equally.
- Save Workspace – This option is use to save the current layout of all workbooks window as a workspace, so that it can be restored later.
- Switch Window – This option switches the current workbook in another opened workbook window.
- Macros – Macro is a function that works with excel vba. This option record a macro and run a recorded macro. Macro is a program in View Tab in MS Excel, that is use to record a work including mouse actions and keystrokes. Macro feature is a most useful for repeatable work. If any work in excel we repeat time to time, we can record it using macro and run when it require.